First chair and second chair trial counsel; experience handling a broad range of business disputes, including contracts, trade secrets, intellectual property, unfair competition, and fraud actions.
Has also represented members of the Food and Beverage sector addressing key industry issues like brand protection and advertising, labeling and commodity regulation.
Competition, Contracts, Fraud and Market Manipulation
- Representation of wholesaler in connection with fraud and other tort claims asserted by retailer.
- Representation of employer in defense of trade secret and tortious interference claims related to the hiring of employee from a competitor.
- Representation of seller of a multimillion dollar business in defense of claims for fraud and breach of contract arising out of the purchase.
- Representation of software developers in copyright disputes.
- Representation of plaintiff in securities fraud action arising out of $500 million private placement.
- Representation of commodity trader alleging losses as a result of manipulation of commodities market.
- Representation of plaintiffs and defendants in actions seeking to pierce the corporate veil and impose personal liability against the shareholders.
- Representation of retailer in action against contractor for construction defects and defective performance.
- Representation of purchasers in action against alleged cartel in an antitrust case related to alleged price fixing.
- Representation of plaintiff in patent infringement action involving various spinal implants and associated instrumentation.
- Representation of defendant in patent infringement action involving automatic external defibrillators.
- Representation of plaintiff in patent infringement actions related to portfolio of e-commerce patents.
- Representation of defendant in patent infringement action relating to mechanics of certain industrial equipment.
- Representative of defendant airline in patent infringement action relating to communications protocols, GPS, and avionics technology.
Trademarks and False Advertising
- Representation of plaintiff in false advertising action related to a competitor's comparative advertisements.
- Representation of plaintiff airline in action alleging infringement of mark.
- Representation of trademark owners and defendants in a variety of trademark disputes, including litigation before the U.S. Court of Appeals, and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- International Chamber of Commerce arbitration involving ownership of certain intellectual property rights in light of various contracts requiring the application of German and New York law.
- Representation of Estonian business in an international arbitration proceeding.
- Representation of the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness, pro bono, in its efforts to enforce the Minnesota Environmental Rights Act and prevent the construction of a 450-foot cellular phone tower near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
- Representation of court-appointed Guardian ad Litem for two children in action involving issues under the Indian Child Welfare Act.