- Represented the University of Wisconsin’s technology transfer office, WARF, in a patent infringement action relating to Magnetic Resonance Imaging (MRI) technology.
- Represented a leading medical device manufacturer in its patent infringement action involving various spinal implants and associated instrumentation.
- Represented a manufacturer and seller in defense of a patent infringement action involving automatic external defibrillators.
- Represented Bell Labs in patent infringement actions related to portfolio of e-commerce patents.
- Represented a manufacturer in defense of a patent infringement action relating to heavy equipment used in the attachment industry.
- Represented a major airline company in defense of a patent infringement action relating to communications protocols, GPS, and avionics technology.
Competition, Contracts, Fraud and Market Manipulation
- Represented a wholesaler in connection with fraud and other tort claims asserted by retailer.
- Represented employers in defense of trade secret and tortious interference claims related to the hiring of employee from a competitor.
- Represented the seller of a multi-million dollar business in defense of claims for fraud and breach of contract arising out of the purchase.
- Represented software developers in copyright disputes.
- Represented bond funds which were plaintiffs in securities fraud action arising out of $500 million private placement.
- Represented a commodity trader alleging losses associated with futures positions as a result of manipulation of a thinly-traded commodities market.
- Represented plaintiffs and defendants in actions seeking to pierce the corporate veil and impose personal liability against the shareholders.
- Represented retailer in action against contractor for construction defects and defective performance.
- Represented purchasers in action against alleged cartel in an antitrust case related to alleged price fixing.
Trademarks and False Advertising
- Represented plaintiff in false advertising action related to a competitor's comparative advertisements.
- Represented plaintiff airline in action alleging infringement of mark.
- Represented trademark owners and defendants in a variety of trademark disputes, including litigation before the U.S. Court of Appeals, and the Trademark Trial and Appeal Board.
- International Chamber of Commerce arbitration involving ownership of certain intellectual property rights in light of various contracts requiring the application of German and New York law.
- Represented Estonian business in an international arbitration proceeding.
- Represented the Friends of the Boundary Waters Wilderness, pro bono, in its efforts to enforce the Minnesota Environmental Rights Act and prevent the construction of a 450-foot cellular phone tower near the Boundary Waters Canoe Area Wilderness.
- Represented court-appointed Guardian ad Litem for two children in action involving issues under the Indian Child Welfare Act.